Sunday, September 14, 2008

" The MAFIA, You Wanna Be 'em... "

My first post YAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!
Well, this is ripping on a post i put up on my facebook. Hey, its only about a day old on there, so lets pretend it baby-butt new ;-) DEAL?!!









When Lil' Kim WAS Lil' kim. Off the first Album HARCORE, and i think it was on the 'High School High' OST as well. Kim is 'making it rain on them  ho'es' on this song. I love me some Ill Nana but Foxy cant touch Kim on this with  10feet pole and lasso tied to the end of it. Kim's leaving No Room for any contention. Stealing a couple bars of the track to properly describe Kim's flow ,  "lyrically i dust them off like pledge, Hit hard like sledge-hammers, b*tch with that platinum grammar..."
Every since I heard it back in tha day, it has remained not only probably my best Kim cut, but prolly one of my best hiphop tracks ever.
Anytime i hear this song, my shoulder's slouch 'thug style', I'm aggressively bumping not just my head but entire body and wishing i was in a MAD ASS jeep bumping this isshhh LOUD with the windows rolled down in a residential area. This song is the description of my persona on a CRAZY ASS beat!!!

Fav Line:  "...While you struggle and strive, we pick which benz to drive
                        The M.A.F.I.A you wanna be 'em
                        Most of y'all Niggaz can't eat without per diem
                        I'm RICH, I'ma stay that b*tch!"


Also LOVING when the late B.I.G peaks in for a couple seconds witht he bars: "You niggas got some audacity, You sold a million now you half of me, Get off my d*ck, Kick it b*tch"








i stumbled on this version. Apparently (i never knew all these years. Thank God for YOUTUBE) the track was soooo HOT that Biggie did his own version of Lil Kim's song. But he doesnt change anything, he spits the EXACT same lyrics in this version as well. Not even bothering to change the female references, so it FABULOUS specimen for comparison. Kim KILLED it on her track, do you think Biggie reduced her version to saw dust? Personally i don't think he did, but he definitely went HARD on this one, especially the second verse, the flow is MESSY!! I have to admit... But heeeyy... only the BIG MAN could do that... Killing you on YOUR OWN track" ENJOY folks!!

No comments: