Monday, September 29, 2008

" Whaddupp Doc? "

Been awhile hasn't it. Oh yea.. it has. Been handling some existential sh*t. Anyway, i'm back again in your arreeeaaaaaaaaaa, and some good news... well... just News.... There are going to be added contributors to the blog, starting with my brother. Apparently, people actually LIKE this blog. It blows the HECk outta MY mind, but HEY... Not gonna hold it against you guys. One thing I'll ask though is you post comments ON the blog. It doesn't help if you send personal messages to me on FaceBook or send me emails. I mean, yea, its nice and they make me smile :=/... but its more about hype here DAMMIT!!! So put comments up here after the post; even if you have to put your ass up in the comments profile as 'anonymous' DO IT!!!!!

UNTO TODAY'S IPOD UPDATE LESSON

Kemmy-kems raps ruler on her teacher's desk to get the class's attention.

"Today, we'll be talking about tag-team rappers. Independent rappers that have formed a union to create some of the hottest HipHop joints. The focus of today's class will be the duo of Method Man and Redman"

Ahhhhhh... screewww it!! I DO like role playing, but not in this type of instance (would love to put a 'wink' face  here, but think it'll be misconstrued :-/).

I'm gonna post up three of my hottest Meth and Red collabo joints. I LOVE when these men come together in lyrical fusion. Not the least 'cos Method Man is one of my Top 20 rappers of all time... YES!! I just made that last sentence, BITE ME!!! I also wanted to have all of Meth's children at one point, but some (i'll refrain from descriptive curse word) beat me to it, so I have to make do with listening to is raspy, sexy voice on joints like 'M.E.T.H.O.D  MAN', or 'Brind Da Pain'
                      "I came to bring the pain hardcore from the brain
                       Let's go inside my astral plane..."

. . .  but i know he loves me, he just need time to neutralize his situation... Imma wait!!

I'll post up my hottest Meth joints another time, but today he'll have to make do sharing the limelight with the smelling armpits of the 'Funk Doc' (ooohhhhh I LOVE him too).

So I'm gonna start of with their first ever collabo... well as far as 'I' know (feel free to leave a comment if I'm wrong), HOW HIGH!! I remember watching this video round about 94/95; right about the time my Meth infatuation was burning strong - Oh MY!! *Kemi fans herself*
That video tape spent alot of time on the constant 'rewind', 'play' and 'freeze'... Poor thing!!

I havent been able to get 'this' particular version of 'How High' on my Ipod as I cant seem to find it. It uses the same beat as Wu-Tang's 'TRIUMPH'. 

Second song posted up is another Meth and Red favorite, 'Da Rockwilder' produced by acclaimed producer Rockwilder (who seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth).

Final Meth and Red track is Y.O.U off their debut collabo album 'Blackout!' The flow of both boys on this joint is AMAZING. Take time while listening to appreciate it... Its a lesson waiting to be taught.

Method Man and Redman - 'How High' original verison




Method Man and Redman - 'Da Rockwilder'






Methodman and Redman - 'Y.O.U.'




And just because i feel like f*cking with you guys today, I'll post an extra that should get 'heads' that haven't heard this in awhile pulling strands out their head . . . ENJOY!!


2Pac (feat: Daz, Kurupt, Meth, Red)



p.s. Speaking out of term for today's post, Kurupt spits FIRE in this one. And of course... so does Meth :)

No comments: